Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Journal Writing T3W5 : Cyberwellness - Inappropriate Content

Hi Everyone,

This is an account given by Mdm Phua Ei Ling, our IT HOD.

'Have you ever feel uncomfortable, weird, scared, confused or guilty about the content you see online? Here’s my story…

Many years ago, when I was surfing the Internet for information on my project, I chanced upon a website with the following caption. - “LOSE WEIGHT FAST- 10 KILOGRAMS in 3 DAYS.” The website provided 10 easy steps for ladies like me to lose weight. Though I found it a little unbelievable, I was tempted to give it a try. Just when I was engrossed in reading and understanding how to go around losing weight in the fastest way, my mother came into my room. She saw the content on the website and asked, “You are not going to follow the steps, aren’t you? How can you go without food for so many days? Is that the right way to lose weight?” I came to realize that I might even cause harm to myself. I have learnt that in order to lose weight, it is important to have a balanced diet and exercise regularly.'

What about you?

- Have you ever seen anything online that made you afraid, uncomfortable or feel excited and yet guilty because you sensed that it was wrong?

- What was the content you saw and how did you know that it was inappropriate?

- What did you do about it?

- Do you know of friends or classmates who have seen inappropriate content on the Internet?

- What advice would you give your friends on the question of inappropriate content on the internet?

I hope to read your responses soon.

Mr Ong

No comments:

Post a Comment